I’ve always loved stories. From bedtime tales my parents told me about their childhood (over and over again) to the Berenstain Bears, I lived to hear the next story.
So I guess it’s not surprising that I came up with my own stories and started putting them on paper as soon as I could write. I remember carting notebooks with me to school and working whenever I had the chance (some things don’t really change). Later, I branched out into poetry and plays and experimental works, but I always came back to stories.
Weirdly enough, even though I loved mysteries and sci-fi/fantasy, I focused on writing literary short stories for several years. But everything changed when I wrote my first novel as a challenge in 2009. Not only was it a novel, but it was also a mystery (actually, it’s what became The Jester’s Apprentice). I was hooked, and over the last few years, novel writing has grown into a full-time pursuit. (According to my sister, I talk waaayyy too much to write short stories.)
Beyond writing, I’m a Massachusetts native with strong ties to the Rhode Island coast, and I love to bake, watch movies, and tackle graphic/web design projects.
If you’d like to learn about new releases, join my email newsletter!
If you’d like to get in touch, I’d love to hear from you! You can contact me and connect with me in the following ways:
- amydsaunders (at) gmail (dot) com
- @amy_saunders (I like to share entertaining and intriguing bits & pieces and micro stories)
- Pinterest (this is my outlet for nerd stuff and deadly cute animals)
- The Belinda & Bennett Mysteries Facebook page (I share fun facts and news about the series)
- Tumblr (I focus on sci-fi and bookish things)